What do I bring for my first Muay Thai class at Mission?
- Come to class clean, with good hygiene and fitness attire (body fitting, less baggy)
- Check in with the front desk manager and sign in for class
- No shoes will be worn on the mats (flip flops/slip-on shoes are best for traveling to/from school)
- Hand wraps, gloves, shin guards, groin protector, water, towel (Email us if you have questions about specific training gear – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Classes are one-hour training sessions – plan accordingly
How do I register for a profile or book classes at Mission?
Visit our website and click the Register tab and create a profile right from your mobile device or desktop. Once you have completed your profile, you can click our class schedule to see what upcoming classes are available for registration. Please note: you must fill out your registration form completely with a username/password (required fields email address/birthday) and sign the liability waiver to be admitted into classes. This will help expedite your check-in process at the front desk.
What is Muay Thai?
Muay Thai sometimes referred to as Thai boxing, is a combat sport that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques. Muay Thai is historically known as the “Art of 8 limbs” because it utilizes 8 points of contact: punches, elbows, knees, and kicks.
How do I find out the days and times for Muay Thai classes?
You can always visit our website and click the Class Schedule tab to check daily, weekly and monthly classes. We highly advise you to check our online schedule periodically since we add, edit, and implement new classes all the time.
What size boxing gloves do I need to have for classes?
For the youth students, we suggest 8-ounce gloves. For teen students, 12 ounces or 14 ounces, depending on height and body build. For adults, we highly recommend 14 ounces (suitable for bag work and light sparring) or 16 ounces (heavier, great for sparring). We currently do not sell boxing gloves but carry hand wraps and mouthpieces for training. We suggest Amazon for your first set of boxing gloves and shin pads!
Note: For bag work or mitt work (adults), we suggest 12-ounce gloves to improve striking power and conditioning
Are there different levels for classes? Beginners, Advanced, etc.?
- Yes, there is! When you view our schedule online, you will see different classes scheduled for different levels
- Fundamentals | Designed for beginners and all new students who have never trained in Muay Thai, Martial Arts and/or are new to our school
- Basics Level (M1) – Mission 1 | Students who exemplify M1 level practice, and curriculum consistency and have been granted to test for M1 Level Testing from our Fundamentals classes. Note: All students are required to take Muay Thai Fundamentals. Students invited to M1 classes show a positive attitude and strong understanding of our Fundamentals curriculum, which allows access to M1 classes.
- Advanced Level (M2) – Mission 2 | Students who have tested in the M1 level or students who have trained in Muay Thai for several years with a strong understanding of Muay Thai technique, technical sparring, and authentic Muay Thai culture.
- Fighter Level (MF) – Mission Fighter | Professional fighters, Semi-Professional fighters, and active Amateur Fighters only. Students who have had at least three sanctioned fights and above (not PKB or PMT).
I heard about Mission Muay Thai and want to learn more. Where can I find more information about your school/gym?
What are your rates and pricing structures? Do you have several options?
- Yes, we have several options to fit your needs! We offer month-to-month autopay (no annual or long-term contracts), 6 -month (short-term contracts), 10-class packs, drop-in rates, and more. All of our pricing options are available in the Pricing tab or on the Mission Muay Thai app (download in your app store). We also have new membership promos for active military, law enforcement, first responders, educators, and college students! Give us a call and learn more about these special promotions.
I want to come in for a few classes and hit the heavy bags. Do you have separate per-class rates?
- Yes, drop-in rates for all students is $25/class, and we offer Open Gym during classes as long as there are no scheduled classes in the gym area. Make sure you check the class schedule and register for classes in advance on our website.
I have kids in their teens, and since your youth programs are for ages (5-12), does that mean they have to join the adults’ classes?
- No, not necessarily. The pricing structure is different once you complete the youth/teen programs and move into the adult classes; however, all kids/teens are evaluated on a case-by-case basis depending on size, maturity, and experience. Some teens can remain in the youth programs and some in the adult programs. Email us to learn more about the process: email@example.com
Can parents/guardians book their children with the Mindbody® app, my branded app, or branded web widgets?
From the parent’s/guardian’s login: No. At this time, the branded web widgets, the Mindbody® app, and branded app do not support the ability to book for another client.
From the child’s login: Yes, if the child is over age 13. If logged in as the child, provided the child is age 13 or older, the child can be booked for services. This will require the parent/guardian to log out of their own account and then log into the child’s account to book.
Does Mission offer other martial arts other than Muay Thai or Boxing classes/training?
- From a class perspective, no. We are an authentic Muay Thai school/gym. However, we offer private (one-on-one) sessions with “specific” coaches who do have a background in several arts, including MMA, Wrestling, Krav Maga, Jiu-jitsu, Filipino Martial Arts, Yoga, and more. We also host community Self-Defense Seminars for civilians, law enforcement, and military personnel – stay posted on our website and social media channels for these upcoming events!
What if I am a beginner and never had a martial arts/combat training background? Can I still train at Mission?
- Yes. Mission Muay Thai is a curriculum-based martial arts school that includes basic training classes for beginners and all levels. We strongly recommend taking our Fundamentals courses if you are a beginner!
I have heard about Muay Thai training and how intense cardio and conditioning can be. I want to lose weight, but I haven’t trained in the gym for a while – can I register and jump into any class?
- Yes, but take it SLOW (basic/advanced classes only). Our Muay Thai training is a technical and conditioning-based curriculum that takes time to learn. Every practitioner is different and has different goals, so take it easy and learn to relax and grow with the training.
How do students/members create an account for and book a child into a class?
Are Kali Kollective classes and Muay Thai classes the same student membership, or are they separate?
- Our Filipino Martial Arts classes/student memberships (Kali Kollective) are separate, and both memberships will be required if you are looking to train in both curriculums. We do offer drop-in rates and 10-class packs for Kali Kollective classes as well. You can find all of the pricing options in our Mission Muay Thai branded app within your profile settings – lower right (More button), click Buy: then select any services you want to purchase!